When things go wrong – you rely on your Insurance policy to cover you for any unexpected loss. Making a claim can be time consuming, frustrating & daunting. That is why we have a dedicated claims manager in house who will step you through & manage the whole process.
Our claims manager, Richard Watson, along with your insurance broker, will be there to manage the entire claim for you – and will work to ensure you get the result you are after & entitled to in a timely manner.
If you need to make a claim – feel free to provide details below and our claims manager will be in touch ASAP to handle.
In the event of an emergency, please call our office on 03 5480 7855 or if afterhours, we have a 24/7 facility – please call 0418 381 015.
What should you do in the event of a claim ?
Call Ausure Echuca ASAP – ask for assistance & advice as to what to do. We may be able to send someone to help within a few hours.
Take Photos – take photos of the damage with your phone or camera as evidence of the loss or damage.
Contain the Damage if possible – examples include:
- call for emergency assistance if required
- ensure the area is safe & secure – this may include boarding up windows & employing overnight security
- call a plumber to stop the leak
- get a builder to put a tarp over the roof to stop more rain damage
- move contents & stack away from damaged area
- start cleaning up
Whatever the circumstance – never admit liability even if you think you are at fault, as this can prejudice a claim.
Your Insurer has entitlement to deny or reduce the settlement of a claim if you jeopardize the Insurers position.
What you need to Settle Claims Quickly :
Property, Contents & Burglary Claims
- Photos of Damage
- Policy Report
- Report on the cause of damage
- Proof of ownership (photos, purchase invoice, manual)
- Quotes or invoice supplied for repairs or replacement
- Photos of Damage
- Police Report if they attended
- Full 3rd Party details of other driver (if more than one vehicle)
- Details of preferred repairer.
- Quote/invoice clearly showing risk address of location of loss
Machinery Breakdown Claims
- Repair report specifying cause of loss
- Itemised account/quote with individual amounts for each part